At Marygrove, we know that no teacher is an island. Educators thrive when they have the support of a like-minded community and when they have access to resources that enhance curriculum and engage students.
We started thinking about how we might better serve our community of teachers. We came up with an idea, but we’re going to need your help to pull it off!
Starting Dec. 6, 2012 we are asking you to submit the most creative, most successful lesson plan you’ve got!
Winners will receive a $100 gift card so they can throw a celebration party with their class! Not only that, they’ll also have their lesson plans showcased on our website—which receives over 13,000 views every month—and have an MAT goody bag sent to their school!
Lesson plans will be evaluated based upon their:
- Overall creativity
- Ability to effectively achieve learning goals
- Assessment of student learning
How many winners? We’ll choose at least one winner from each category below for each grade level – elementary, middle and high school:
- Reducing bullying
- Math across the curriculum
- Engaging students in deep thinking
- English Language Learners
- Motivating the under motivated
- Literacy outside of reading class
- Science without explosions
- Games – teacher-made, fun, and focused
- Beyond the classroom or school walls
All lesson plans must:
- Be original work, authored by only one teacher
- Include teacher’s name, lesson title, grade/subject area, a brief lesson summary and learning objectives
- Include list of the materials to be used, as well as copies of teacher-created handouts (if applicable)
- Include an approximation of the time it takes to execute the lesson
- Be submitted by Dec. 14, 2012
We’re looking forward to your submissions and the opportunity to share your ideas with our vibrant community of educators! It’s our hope that this contest will help us continue to nurture a safe, interactive space where you can showcase your strengths, widen your community and learn from teachers who share your passion and commitment.