We love traveling, but like most teachers, we’re not made of money! But even if money’s tight during the summer, you may be pleasantly surprised to find out that you may still be able to design your own travel and professional-development opportunities and actually have them entirely funded by Fund for Teachers.
Fund for Teachers: Application Deadline is January 30!
Since 2001, Fund for Teachers has invested $20 million in more than 5,500 teachers. What’s really cool about this organization is that it allows teachers to propose their own professional learning experiences.
To apply, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Employed full-time as a PreK-12th grade teacher and spends at least 50% of their work week in direct instruction with students in a classroom or classroom-like setting;
- Intends to continue teaching in the consecutive school year; and
- Has at least three years teaching experience as a PreK-12th grade teacher.
Teachers may apply for up to $5,000 in grant rewards; if you and your colleagues apply as a team, you may be eligible for $10,000 in grants.
Here are a few more specifics:
All applicants must apply online before 5:00 p.m. on Jan. 30, 2014.
In addition to completing the online form, applicants must:
- Create a 1-2 sentence project description (500 character limit), detailing What you are doing + Where you are going + Why.
- Print the cover sheet, sign, and obtain your principal's signature (your principal's signature is only to verify the information you have included on your cover sheet).
- Mail the original (the address is provided when you print) on or before Thursday, January 30, 2014