Blog Hopin' is linking up to offer words of wisdom for new teachers this year. Although we hope you find our list helpful, head over to Blog Hopin' for additional insight from teachers accross the nation.
Teachers are also linking up at Ms. Tunstall's blog, posting ten reasons why they know it's time to go back to school. Check out the fun.
First-day jitters are normal for new and veteran teachers alike. But if you are just starting out in the profession, or in a new building, there are several things you should know before the bell rings. Sometimes even the most obvious information can be overlooked. Being prepared will help you begin the year on a confident note.
Before you report to class, you should know:
- Your school hours, bell times, and when you are expected to report to work
- Your classroom and curriculum duties and responsibilities
- Any additional duties/responsibilities assigned to you such as bus, hall and lunch duties
- The district's and/or school's policies on:
- Dispensing medication
- Referrals to special programs E-mail and Internet usage
- Fire drills and lockdowns
- Field trips